Monday, May 16, 2011

a lucienne day quilt

lucienne_day_collage

sorry for the delay in my post! I was up against migraines, last minute projects, and blogger outages. it also took me a while to figure out how much fabric to send (hopefully I sent out enough!).

shopping the stash

I went back and forth on what I wanted this quilt to look like. after looking at way too many websites, lucienne day's prints kept calling to me. I love her use of shapes and pattern repeats. they are a little quirky, unexpected, and still very modern. all features I want in a quilt.

I'm sending everyone a selection of solids. there will either be a brown or grey fat quarter in your stack, please use this for your background. I'm keeping things a little vague because I want to see your interpretation of these shapes and, almost, random patterns. I would like 20" blocks with shapes floating about. you can use whatever techniques you'd like. have fun with this!

if I didn't send enough fabric let me know and I can try to find more in the stash. or you are welcome to add any solid scraps you have that you think work with these colors.

7 comments:

  1. Your collage is amazing - I love these prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was hard narrowing them down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! Any favourites among those prints?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that's a tough one! magnetic is definitely near the top. isosceles is pretty sweet too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love those little swatches you posted! So much fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you're doing here! Designs are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete